The ways the leaf blowers available commercially have been improved to generate more power than their predecessors may be considered plain: more horsepower, less weight, or both. We have no objections to an effective design, but since we have more than a passing interest in lawn and garden maintenance tools, we find it refreshing that some companies, like Ryobi Tools, are pushing the envelope creatively. To give you a glimpse into the future of leaf blowers, we present you the Ryobi Backpack Leaf Blower.
RYOBI RY08420 42cc Gas Powered 2-Cycle Backpack Grass/Yard Leaf Blower 185 mph
To be fair to the rest of the leaf blowers currently available in the market, the Ryobi Backpack Leaf Blower’s design comes with the same power-to-weight ratio seen in most lawn and garden maintenance tools nowadays. It weighs only 22.2lbs, which is surprisingly light for a backpack leaf blower, but it comes with a 42cc 2-stroke engine, which is more than enough power for moving debris—even tough-to-deal-with debris like matted leaves—around, or out, of your property. Indeed, it delivers air up to 510 CFM, at a maximum speed of 185 mph.
The similarity of the Ryobi Backpack Leaf Blower to the other leaf blowers ends there. While their engines and impellers are vertical, those of the backpack leaf blower are horizontal. This design improved its power-generating without changing it in size or weight.
To be sure, the backpack leaf blower isn’t just an innovative powerhouse. It comes with even more features that make it a truly effective lawn and garden maintenance tool. The notables one are: variable speed trigger with cruise control, which gives you full control over it; contoured shoulder back harness, which enables it to lie against your back without causing you undue strain; throttle control handle tube, which enables you remain in full control over it even if used for a long period of time; and assembly tool, which makes putting it together a breeze.
Although it has a state-of-the-art design, few consumers have complained about Ryobi’s customer service. It’s less than helpful, according to them. The backpack leaf blower, however, has received a rating of 3.8 stars out of 5 on Amazon; where it’s currently being sold for $194.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
Hot features of the espresso machine:
- Contoured back/shoulder harness and adjustable fit for less user fatigue
- Unique engine position for maximized air flow ; Large 42cc engine for optimal clearing power
- Variable speed and cruise control for convenient operation
- Special downward angle design for user comfort
- Engine Displacement: 42cc ; Velocity:185 mph ; Volume:510 cfm ; Weight:18 lbs
Just because a machine works well doesn’t mean there won’t ever be a reason for improving it. As we hope to have proven you through the above review of the backpack leaf blower, continuous innovation results in benefits from even the most unlikely places. Doing so may be difficult, but the gains will be worth it.