There’s a good reason why not all outdoor power tools are equal. Take for example the traditional lawn mower and the riding mower. The riding mower isn’t just for show. For instance: If your property is large, using a riding mower for trimming your grass will be more efficient than using a traditional lawnmower. It all boils down to power. This is also the reason why there are people who prefer two stage snow blowers—especially the best two stage snow blowers—over the rest.
In case you’ve only now read about them, two stage snow blowers are outdoor power tools that use two mechanisms simultaneously for moving snow. They are the auger and the impeller. When a two stage snow blower is in use, its auger gathers snow and then transfers it into the impeller, which blows out the white stuff at high speed. Single stage snow blowers use only an impeller in moving snow.
Two stage snow blowers are usually more powerful than single stage snow blowers. In fact, two stage snow blowers are commonly used for moving snow out of airport runways and thoroughfares. But this doesn’t mean two stage snow blowers are nothing but powerhouses. The best two stage snow blowers currently available in the market come with more features than muscle for ensuring you’ll be able to keep your property slush free.
Unless you’re an expert on two stage snow blowers, you might find selecting the most suitable one to you overwhelming. To not make it so, here are 3 of the best two stage snow blowers commercially available now that we suggest you check out:
Top Two-Stage Snow Blowers
#1 Choice – Husqvarna ST224 – 24-Inch 208cc Two Stage Electric Start Snowthrower – 961930096
If no blizzard has ever come roaring into town, and neither you nor your neighbors are expecting one to do so any time soon, the Husqvarna ST224 – 24-Inch 208cc Two Stage Electric Start Snowthrower can generate more than enough power for helping you keep snow off your property. But, just in case, it comes with 15″ deep-tread tires, ergonomic handles, and conveniently placed control panel; making it easily maneuverable even through deep snow.
The rest of the useful features of the Husqvarna ST224 – 24-Inch 208cc Two Stage Electric Start Snowthrower are: discharge chute and deflector that you can remotely control, which together helps prevent accidents; adjustable skid plate that lets you adjust the height of the scraper bar and thereby enable you to move away snow from dirt, concrete, and ice; quick, electric start-up at a press of a button, which ensures you could activate it even on frigid days; can clear 24″ path of snow, heated grip handles and integrated tool that enables you to clean the parts easily.
The Husqvarna ST224 – 24-Inch 208cc Two Stage Electric Start Snowthrower isn’t CARB complaint, which means it generates pollution. However, majority of the consumers who own models of it are satisfied. Moreover, it has received a rating of 4.6 stars out of 5 on Amazon; where it’s currently being sold with shipping will be free of charge.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- 208cc Husqvarna engine
- Remote Chute Deflector/Remote Chute Rotator
- 15-inch tires
- Electric Start
- 24-Inch Two Stage
#2 Choice – Power Smart DB7651 24″ 208cc LCT Gas Powered 2-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start
If you want a two stage snow blower that’s more maneuverable than powerful, the Power Smart DB7651 24″ 208cc LCT Gas Powered 2-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start could very well be the perfect snow blower for you. It comes with a joystick, as well as several speed settings (4 forward, 2 reverse), which make maneuvering it as easy as playing a video game. Since it also comes with a 208cc LCT storm force overhead valve (OHV) engine, it’s as powerful as the snow blower previously reviewed; assuring you it won’t fall short on power generation capacity.
The rest of the useful features of the Power Smart DB7651 24″ 208cc LCT Gas Powered 2-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start are: adjustable ‘skid shoes’ that let you raise or lower it for use on dirt, concrete, or ice; variety of useful accessories (i.e., spark plug wrench, shear pins, oil funnel, cable clips, and ‘clean-out’ tool); and electric start-up, which makes firing it up as easy as pressing a button.
Like the snow blower previously reviewed, the Power Smart DB7651 24-inch 208cc LCT Gas Powered 2-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start isn’t CARB compliant either. The other drawbacks to it, according to some consumers, are: It isn’t as easy to maneuver as expected, the chute feels flimsy to the touch, and the dipstick is difficult to read. But it has received a rating of 4 stars out of 5 on Amazon; where it’s currently being sold with shipping will be free of charge.
- 208 cc, lct storm force ohv engine delivers powerful performance
- 24-Inch clearing width and 21-Inch intake height for efficient snow removal
- 12-Inch serrated, all-steel augers pull snow into the blower unit to power through tough conditions
- 4 forward and 2 reverse speed
- Non-carb compliant; not for sale in california
- 12-inch serrated, all-steel augers
- 208 cc LCT Storm Force OHV engine delivers powerful performance
#3 Choice – Ariens 921030 Deluxe 28 254cc 28 in. Two-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start
If you’re all about power and durability, you should check out the Ariens 921030 Deluxe 28 254cc 28 in. Two-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start. There are those who say it’s built like a tank. It measures 35 x 45 x 32″ in dimensions, weighs 257 lbs, and comes with a 14″ x 14″ in diameter serrated auger-impeller as well as 21″ intake and clears 28″ of snow. The snow that would dare fall on your property won’t stand a chance.
But this doesn’t mean the effectiveness of the Ariens 921030 Deluxe 28 254cc 28 in. Two-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start ends there. It comes with several other features that make it easy to maneuver and use. They are: single-motion controls, which are hassle free to operate; 16″ x 4.8″ snow tread wheels, which enables it to easily make its way through even deep snow; high-performance reversible skid adjustment, which enables it to travel across several different kinds of terrain; and single-motion chute adjustment, which prevents you from hitting anyone or anybody with airborne snow where it can even throw the snow away in a distance of 50′. The rest of its useful features are: ergonomic handle, which is sure to fit snugly in your palm; remote deflector, which helps avoid accidents; a headlight which enables you to use it in low light and even in the dark; interlocking system, which makes it even sturdier; and easy assembly within just 10 minutes.
A few drawbacks consumers noticed have pointed out are: It’s not as sturdy as expected, the auger rake might wear and tear easily. Nevertheless, it has received a rating of 4.1 stars out of 5 on Amazon; where it’s currently being sold with shipping will be free of charge.
- 254cc 12.5’/LB Ariens AX254 engine, 120V electric start
- 28″ clearing width & 21″ intake height
- Self-propelled drive system with 6 forward speeds/2 reverse speeds
- 14″ steel serrated augers, 14 3″ blade impeller
- 2.5x ice drill steel chute with remote deflector
We find it odd that nowadays, having a powerful machine may be frowned upon. Every machine has a purpose, and powerful machines are designed to provide users enough power for doing certain tasks properly. They aren’t made for catching attention, as we hope to have proven you by way of the reviews for the above best two stage snow blowers currently available in the market. Indeed, after you get one we trust you’ll never have to worry about troublesome snow.