We find it odd how many consumers relate effectiveness to size. If, for example, they compared a small snow blower with a big snow blower, they’d likely say: The latter is more powerful and sturdy and therefore better than the former. The snow blower industry has long since proven many times over that this isn’t always the case. In fact, there are instances in which small snow blowers—especially the best small snow blowers currently available in the market—are more effective than big snow blowers.
If you own a modest-size property, you wouldn’t need a big snow blower, would you? Not only would it generate more power than you need to keep the white stuff away; it wouldn’t be as maneuverable or convenient to use as you need it to be. A small snow blower, on the other hand, could generate just the right amount of power, will be easy to maneuver, and is sure to be convenient to use. But this doesn’t mean all small snow blowers are equally effective. Some are a cut above the rest. To save you from the pain of having to check them all out just to find the perfect one for you, we present to you three of the best small snow blowers currently available in the market; beginning with:
Top Small Snow Blowers for 2020
#1 Choice – Snow Joe 323E 13-Inch 10-Amp Electric Snow Shovel
Coming in at 14 x 58.7 x 14.6 in dimensions, as well as 13.8 lbs in weight (16.8 lbs when shipped), there’s little doubt in our minds that you’d find the Snow Joe 323E 10-amp Electric Snow Shovel exceptionally maneuverable. A wet mop could be heavier than it. But to ensure that all users will be able to use their models of it comfortably, Snow Joe gave it an ergonomic design. It comes with an adjustable ergonomic handle with a distinct curve that reduces strain and thereby helps prevent fatigue.
But hold on to the Snow Joe 323E 10-amp Electric Snow Thrower tightly during use. It’s surprisingly powerful for a handheld electric snow blower. In just one minute, it can move up to 400 lbs of snow to a maximum distance of 20 ft away. It can also cut a 13″ wide 4″ deep path through snow in just one pass. This is made possible by its paddle auger, which is made of quality sturdy material. It also comes with a key lock feature, which keeps it from being used by strangers or stolen, and a 2-year full warranty.
To run for as long as you’d need it, the Snow Joe comes with a 10-amp cord. While necessary, a few consumers have complained about how it limits their reach and thus renders the handheld electric snow blower itself not as maneuverable or convenient to use which is as expected with other electric-corded snow blowers. Although it appears easy to assemble at first glance, a fellow reviewer find it a bit more complicated that it took some time putting it together. Nevertheless, it has received a commendable rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 on Amazon, where it’s currently being sold with shipping will be free of charge.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Ideal for quick snow pickups on decks, steps, patios and sidewalks.
- Powerful 10-amp motor moves up to 400 lbs of snow per minute.
- 2-blade paddle auger cuts 13 in. wide and 6 in. deep with each pass.
- Ergonomic design with adjustable handle to minimize user strain.
- CSA approved; Full 2-year warranty.
#2 Choice – Toro 38361 Power Shovel 7.5 Amp Electric Snow Thrower
The Toro 38361 isa bit pricier than the handheld electric snow blower reviewed previously, so it would be no surprise if you’d expect a lot from it. We assure you: It comes with features that justify its cost.
The Toro 38361 is, more or less, 4 lbs lighter than the handheld electric snow blower reviewed previously. But it can move a maximum of 300 lbs of snow a minute to a maximum distance of 20 ft away, as well as cut a 12″ wide 6″ deep path through snow in just one pass. Its superior power to weight ratio ensures you’ll be able to maneuver it easier than the other snow blower and thus deal with the white stuff more effectively. It also comes with a metal telescopic handle, cord-lock system, durable plastic body with rust-resistant parts, and 2-year full warranty. Together, these features ensure it will be comfortable to use, won’t cause you to have an accident during use, and can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
Some consumers, however, beg to differ. The Toro 38361 isn’t as sturdy as it should be, according to them. The other drawbacks to it that some other consumers have pointed out are: switching it on isn’t as simple as it should be, its chute is so small it tends to clog, its wheels are so small they render it not as maneuverable as expected, and its extension cord is a hassle. Nonetheless, it has received the same commendable rating on Amazon as the handheld electric snow blower reviewed previously, which proves it is exceptional.
- Number 1 Brand of electric snow thrower in the United States
- 7.5 Amp electric snow blower for sidewalks, walkways, steps, decks, and other residential areas
- Clears 4-Inches of snow off a 50-by-20-Foot driveway in just 20 minutes; Moves up to 300-Pounds of snow per minute and blows up to 20-Feet
- Cleans down to the pavement; cuts up to 12-Inches wide and 6-Inches deep in one pass
- Lightweight at just 12-1/2-Pounds; durable plastic body; adjustable metal telescoping handle; rust-resistant; 2-year warranty
#3 Choice – GreenWorks 26022 10 Amp 16″ Corded Snow Thrower
Not only is the GreenWorks 26022 10 Amp 16″ Corded Snow Thrower the heftiest snow blower on this list (it measures 23.03″ x 42.5″ x 19.29″ in dimensions, as well as 26 lbs in weight); it’s also the priciest. But if you value versatility above all a snow blower’s features, we trust it will be perfect for you.
Despite being heavier than both the handheld electric snow blowers reviewed previously, the GreenWorks 26022 Snow Thrower is surprisingly still compact and easily maneuverable. Its ergonomic rubber handles are adjustable in height to let allow you better comfort and safe handling. It will also make you feel like your slicing through butter with a hot knife. This is made possible by its innovative designed but effective back wheels, impellers and snow-blowing mechanism. It also comes with a 14″ impeller that enables you to cut a 16″ wide path through snow and thereby move more snow than with either of the both the handheld electric snow blowers reviewed previously. Don’t worry that you might hit somebody or something with ballistic snow during use, it can fire up the snow in a distance of 25 feet. It will fire up quick and easy even on a frigid day. And it has cord lock that holds the extension cord securely in place, so you don’t have to worry about the cord getting in the way. Thus, it’s a truly versatile snow blower indeed.
While the GreenWorks 26022 is packs great features, few consumers felt its materials may tend to wear and tear easily so you may need to put extra care handling it. It, however, has received the same laudable rating of 4 out of 5 stars, which proves it is one of the best small snow blowers currently available in the market.
- Powerful 10 Amp Motor for premium power and performance
- Clearing width of 16″ ensures job is done quickly and efficiently in small to medium size yards
- Clearing depth of 6″ allows this snow shovel to get down to the sidewalk, clearing all snow out of its path
- 14″ impeller clears up to 600 lbs. of snow per minute
- Discharge distance: Up to 25-ft.
As we hope to have made you realize by way of the above reviews of the three small snow blowers we find exceptional, size does matter but not in the way that many assume. It isn’t a reliable indication of effectiveness. Indeed, the three snow blowers are remarkably effective despite being compact, proving there’s more to finding the perfect snow blower for you than just focusing on what you see at first glance. You have to be even more discriminating. You’ll be surprised with what you find.