It’s now more or less two months until winter, so if you have no snow blower to keep your property slush free then, there’s no better time to check out the best residential snow blowers for 2014 than soon. It would be bad-ass to just get one of those heavy-duty snow blowers usually used for moving the white stuff around or out of airport runways and thoroughfares, but the reality is: there’s more to getting the most suitable snow blower to you than just purchasing the most powerful one you could afford. Each type of snow blower was made for helping maintain a certain type of property. Getting a snow blower unfit for yours could result in more problems than being unable to keep snow off your property effectively. To help you avoid such troubles, we present you 3 of the best snow blowers this year for residential use:
Top Residential Snow Blowers of 2020
GreenWorks Pro 80V 20" Snow Thrower w/ 2Ah Battery & ChargerProduct Name
Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow BlowerProduct Name
#1 Choice – Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower
If you want a snow blower that can generate a bit more power than the snow blower reviewed previously, we suggest you check out the Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower. It comes with 40 V rechargeable patent-pending lithium-ion battery system that enables it to cut a path through snow that will be 18″ wide as well as 8″ deep. This is more than several other best residential snow blowers currently available in the market can manage. You need not worry that it might carve up your property or the adjacent sidewalk, because it comes with a rubber scraper bar attached to its base that prevents it from damaging the surface.
The rest of the useful features of the Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower are: low vibration level, which makes using it a breeze; LED headlight that enables you to move snow around or out of your property in low light and even in the dark; chute that rotates instantly 180 degrees at a press of the switch, which helps prevent you from hitting anybody or anything with ballistic snow; and no cord that can limit your reach.
Unfortunately, having no cord necessitates recharging the Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower several times to do heavy work. The other drawbacks to it, according to a few consumers, are: recharging it takes long, its handle feels flimsy to the touch, its chute isn’t as sturdy as it should be, and it’s difficult to move along sidewalks. Nonetheless, it has received a rating of 4.7 stars out of 5 on Amazon with shipping will be free of charge.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Lightweight design (only 32 lbs) to easily clear sidewalks, driveways and decks.
- 40 V 4.0 Ah EcoSharprechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet run time.
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords.
- Steel auger with 2 rubber blades moves up to 495 lbs of snow per minute; cuts a path 18 in. wide by 8 in. deep without damaging surface.
- 180° auto-rotate directional chute throws snow up to 20 ft.
#2 Choice – GreenWorks Pro 80V 20″ Snow Thrower w/ 2Ah Battery & Charger
If you want a snow blower that’s more powerful than both of the snow blowers reviewed previously but would still be easy to use, the GreenWorks Pro 80V 20″ Snow Thrower w/ 2Ah Battery & Charger might be the one for you. This cordless snow blower comes with a 80V Lithium Ion power and an auger-assisted drive system that together enable it to clear an area of snow 20″ and 10″ deep. Its impeller are made of a polyethylene plastic that can cause no damage to any surface, so you need not worry over ruining your property inadvertently with it.
Despite the sheer power it can generate, the GreenWorks Pro runs smooth, is easy to set up, and comes with an ergonomic handle that helps make maneuvering it a cinch. Hence, there’s no need for you to worry over losing control over it during use.
The rest of the useful features of this battery-powered snow blower are: quick start function which makes activation as easy as turning a switch; chute that can easily be rotated a maximum of 180 degrees, which prevents you from hitting anybody or anything with ballistic snow and dual LED headlight to help increase visibility when working at night. Its battery’s charging time only takes about 30 minutes then you can use it right away. With that quick charge, the snow blower can lasts for 45 minutes of run time.
Although the GreenWorks Pro is made of quality materials, according to a few consumers, its motor may tend to die easily when overused so it’s not commercially use but fitting for residential use. Nevertheless, it has received a rating of 3 and a half stars out of 5 on Amazon; where it’s currently being sold with shipping will be free of charge.
- Ultimate performance 80V Li-ion systems delivers greater efficiency with up to 45 minutes of run time with 2.0 Ah battery
- Quiet, maintenance free brushless motor technology
- Quickly clear your driveway, sidewalks, patios, etc with a 20-in clearing path
- Up to 10-in of clearing depth
- 180 Degree rotating chute for desired snow displacement
#3 Choice – Toro 38371 15-Inch 12 Amp Electric 1500 Power Curve Snow Blower
If your property is modest in size, the Toro 38371 15-Inch 12 Amp Electric 1500 Power Curve Snow Blower would be perfect for you. As one of the best electric snow blowers currently available in the market, it comes with several features that together enable it to generate enough power to move snow around or out of your property as well as be easy to use.
To ensure you could move the white stuff as easily as you’d like, the electric snow blower can move a maximum of 500 lbs of snow per minute to a maximum distance of 25 ft away, as well as clear an area of snow 15″ wide and 12″ deep. This is more than several of the other best electric snow blowers currently available in the market can manage. The aforementioned electric snow blower manages so by way of its Power Curve technology. This piece of technology consists of a curved rotor and inverted funnel housing. It gives the electric snow blower excellent power-to-weight ratio. It also prevents clogging.
The rest of the useful features of the electric snow blower are: ‘Qwik-Key start’, which makes firing it up as easy as pressing a button; intuitive controls, which make operating it as convenient as possible; locking-style zip deflector with direction-control handle, which enables you to point it away from anybody or anything the airborne snow could hit; foldable handle, which lets you store it easily; extension cord lock, which keeps the cord from being dragged around or caught; and 6″ wheels, which make it truly easy to maneuver. Thus, it’s indeed one of the most versatile snow blowers among the best electric snow blowers currently available in the market.
While it’s more powerful than several of the other best electric snow blowers available commercially, according to a few consumers, the Toro 38371 15-Inch 12 Amp Electric 1500 Power Curve Snow Blower isn’t effective in doing heavy work. They also say: It isn’t really easy to maneuver due to its small wheels, firing it up is more complicated than it has to be, its handle isn’t as sturdy as it should be, and it small chute tends to clog up. It, however, has received a commendable rating of 4 stars out of 5 on Amazon, where it’s currently being sold with shipping will be free of charge.
- Number 1 Brand of electric snow thrower in the United States
- 7.5 Amp electric snow blower for sidewalks
- Walkways, steps, decks, and other residential areas
- Clears 4-Inches of snow off a 50-by-20-Foot driveway in just 20 minutes
- Moves up to 300-Pounds of snow per minute and blows up to 20-Feet
- Cleans down to the pavement; cuts up to 12-Inches wide and 6-Inches deep in one pass
- Lightweight at just 12-1/2-Pounds; durable plastic body; adjustable metal telescoping handle; rust-resistant; 2-year warranty
One’s home is one’s castles as well, according to an adage, so you should get the best tools available to maintain it. Given the above reviews of the best residential snow blowers for 2014, we hope you’ll be able to keep yours slush free even during the harshest winter.
Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. Read our affiliate link policy for more details.
Leave a Reply