Let’s face it, mowing the lawn is rarely one of life’s pleasures. That first cut in spring when the birds are singing and the sweet smell of the freshly cut grass promises long sunny days ahead aside, it is considered by many to be a chore that has to be endured not enjoyed. But, there are products on the market that will make that chore manageable. Maybe even enjoyable.
I have found three of the best push lawn mowers currently on the market, and I’ve come up with three very different grass cutters, that – in my humble opinion – cater for everybody’s needs. I realize that there are an – albeit reducing – group of people who will not touch anything to mow their yard that doesn’t weigh 200 lbs, guzzles a couple of gallons of gas in doing so, and has a roar that would put some Harley owners to shame.
But I’m dealing with practicalities here, and all three of these will cut your lawn, will cut it very very well. And what’s more they will do it with minimum fuss and hassle, you won’t need that gas can, and you can put away your tool kit. The only noise you will hear is the sound of chirping birds, and cut grass will be the only thing you smell.
For far too long the electric mower market has been seen as something mainly used by women, the elderly or those with mobility issues. I am here to tell you that if you have anything less than an acre and you have never used an electric mower you have missed out. I have buddies who use them for yards far larger than that as well.
When I need my lawn cutting, I am going to do it with the mower that lets me do it as quickly as possible and for that reason I can’t recommend highly enough these three beauties.
Top Push Lawn Mowers
#1 Choice – GreenWorks 25022 12 Amp Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower
I love this mower. Pure and simple, it ticks every box you could possibly wish it too, and several more besides. When you buy and use a product where you just know that the people who designed and built the thing actually know and care what the end user wants and needs, it makes such a big difference.
Anyone who has ever cut a lawn, and anyone who has had the misfortune to cut as many as me, will have a list of frustrations as long as their arm when it comes to deficiencies with previous mowers. I’m telling you, get that list out and I would be very surprised if most if not all are tackled by this baby.
The clever design and use of metal means that it’s a compact little beast that will allow it into and under areas your previous mower would have become stuck. The 20 inch blade means that you will be doing less sweeps than you are probably used to. The 10 inch rear wheels that look like they’ve come from a truck, mean that it’s so damn easy to maneuver this baby you’ll be tempted to start doing some fancy patterns in your lawn (please don’t, unfortunately I speak from experience!)
When using the bag, this sucker will get every last blade of grass that gets cut, meaning you won’t have to take as long afterwards collecting what it’s missed as you did cutting the thing.
The height management lever is a dream, and its highest setting at 3.75 inches is a lot higher than a lot of models and a welcome addition.
Considering the power of the motor you won’t believe how quiet it is. A bad thing for those who love to wake the entire neighborhood up on the weekend with their mowers, but for the rest of us, that’s a good thing.
Finally, and I suppose most importantly, this baby cuts superbly. The finish is as good as with the high powered gas run mowers. I really did try this out in testing conditions, and it just downright refused to become bogged down.
Try this best push lawn mower out, and I guarantee you will never look at electric mowers the same again.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- 12 Amp Electric Motor delivers enough power to cut through the toughest grass
- Durable steel 20-Inch cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- 3-in-1 feature provides multiple options for grass clippings from rear bagging, side discharge and mulching capabilities for versatile needs
- 7 position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 1 1/2-Inch to 3 3/4-Inch for the perfect cut on all grass types
- Wide 10-Inch rear wheels and 7-Inch front wheels
#2 Choice – Black & Decker CM1836 18-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
I was very much looking forward to trying this Black & Decker out, and was intrigued to see just how self-propelled it was. Even more so when I felt the weight of it. This mower comes in around 64 lbs which is heavy, but not the heaviest in anybody’s book. A lot of that is down to the battery, but this is a very well made and put together machine. This mower works like a dream. Despite the weight, the mower seems to almost glide over the grass, with minimal effort.
I tested this out on some pretty big inclines as well and it just rolled over them. It’s almost like taking a very obedient dog for a walk. A dog that cuts your lawn like a champ.
It really is a quiet machine as well, with none of that uncomfortable vibration that can occur and come through the handles.
As you would expect, this gives you the option of mulching, using the bag or rear discharge and all three work very smoothly. The bag fits nicely and easily on, is large, and also folds away into a very small square, so perfect for storage.
The biggest question mark with a cordless mower is always going to be battery life. This is advertised as giving you a third of an acre worth of cutting time per battery life. That would depend on terrain and conditions, but if you know this up front there isn’t an issue. You can always buy a second battery, which means you always have one fully charged.
I didn’t know what I was going to get with this mower, but I am very impressed. So it’s no surprise to find it to be one of the best push lawn mowers around. The weight isn’t an issue until you clean it, but removal of the battery helps with that, and it provides a fantastic cut, and what’s more provides it in an easy and yes, enjoyable, painless, frustration free way.
- Cordless electric lawn mower with removable 36V battery for cutting lawns up to 1/3 acre
- Removable battery enables use of additional batteries for cutting larger properties; includes Energy Star rated charger
- 1-touch adjustment quickly changes height on all 4 wheels simultaneously
- 19-inch deck size; weighs 72 pounds
- 2-year limited warranty; includes rear bag assembly, mulch plate, safety key, 36V battery pack, battery charger
#3 Choice – WORX WG775 Lil’Mo 14-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower with Removable Battery and Grass Collection Bag
Worx have managed to make a small lightweight cordless mower look like a nice neat power tool that you would not be ashamed to be seen with. It really does look like a nice machine, and it can back it up with a powerful, true performance.
Most smaller mowers have a tendency to look like something you would buy your toddler to push around the yard, but this looks like a tool that is designed to get the job done. And get the job done it certainly does.
At just north of 30 pounds, this really is an easy to move machine, and its small, sleek body means you can get it in almost every inch of your lawn. Those with tricky paths, or overhangs should look no further.
The 14 inch blade is going to mean you need to do a couple more sweeps, but it is so easy to operate with such a light touch you won’t even notice.
Don’t confuse lightweight with flimsy, the Lil’Mo has a very solid feel, and comes with most if not all of the features its bigger cousins boast. For example, as well as mulching it gives the option of rear discharge or the bag; it has a very solid starter motor, and height adjuster. I tested this over some rough ground, and it mulched its way through everything I put it over, including several things I really shouldn’t have but I needn’t have worried. For such a small machine the bag is a good size as well, and fits securely.
The Lil’Mo is advertised as cutting 6000 square feet, or 30 minutes of mowing time. Not sure where they tested it, but I was getting way more than that. If you need longer, just get a second battery. And that sums this little beauty up – convenience. Everything about this makes it easy. It packs away so small, you won’t even notice it, until you start to get nagged again that the lawn needs cutting. But, you know what, with one of these, I don’t think I would even wait to be nagged.
- Adjustable mowing height from 1.8 to 3.3 inches; 14-inch cutting width
- 3-in-1 cutting for mulching, bagging, or rear discharge; push-button starting
- Removable battery allows for convenient charging in any location
- Ergonomic upswept handle reduces fatigue and improves control
- Cuts up to 6,000 square feet on a single charge (up to 30 minutes of runtime). The item is non – returnable.
- Cuts up to 6,000 square feet in a single charge
- At just under 33 pounds this is the perfect manageable mower