There are so many different lawn mowers on the market these days that it can be intimidating and slightly off putting to go through all of them just to find the right one for you. But there are many different ways you can break down the search and find what kind of lawn mower you actually are looking for. If you know for certain that you want a battery operated one over a gas powered one, then you have saved yourself a lot of time trying to narrow down just exactly what kind you want. But when you do know what style you want, you should know what the best lawn mower you can get for the money you put into it. There is an easier way than comparing store to store to find the best. If you are only looking for the top of the line while now paying out a large amount of money, then look no further. Here we will discuss the best lawn mowers for the money in a number of different categories.
Top Lawn Mowers for the Money for 2020
Husqvarna 7021P 21-Inch 160cc Honda GCV160 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn MowerProduct Name
- 4.2Amazon Rating
- 21"Blade Size
American Lawn Mower 1705-16 16-Inch Bent Reel Mower
First off, if you are looking for the best manual lawn mower you can buy, then you will definitely want to look into the American Lawn Mower 1705-16 with a 16-inch bent reel. This style of lawn mower is meant for low growing and creeping grasses. It is meant to be pushed by hand, takes no gasoline, and has a 16 inch cutting width. This handy lawn mower can be assembled in less than twenty minutes and has an adjustable handle so many people of varying heights can use it.
It is made of a durable steel alloy so you will not have to worry about it falling apart for any reason. This simple push lawn mower can give you all the quality cutting of other mowers, for a very decent price. If you have a smaller yard and you do not want a large mower, then look no further than this American Lawn Mower; and you will get the best lawn mower for the money.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Hand pushed bent reel mower specifically designed to cut low-growing, creeping grasses
- Cutting heights from 1/2 to 2-1/4 inches with adjustable 7-section roller and 3-position adjustable wheel height
- Made of durable tempered alloy steel; unbreakable steel side plate; 4-spider 7-blade, ball bearing reel design
- 10-inch composite wheels with radial tread tires; 1-inch welded torsion bar frame; painted flare-style cushion-grip handles
- 16-inch cutting width; assembles in 10-15 minutes
GreenWorks 25022 12 Amp Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower
If hand push mowers are not your thing, and you are looking for an electric one instead, then look no further than the GreenWorks 25022 corded lawn mower. This eco-friendly electric lawn mower comes with a 20 inch cutting deck made of steel. The great thing about this lawn mower is that it comes from the company GreenWorks, who specializes in making tools that are eco-friendly, lightweight, and easy on the wallet.
With seven different height positions to cut your grass, when it’s cutting it, it can mulch it, collect it, or discharge it. This lawn mower comes with ten inch rear wheels so you can easily get it around tough corners are particularly bad terrain. Lightweight with a foldable handle, this lawn mower can fit easily in your garage until the next summer.
- 12 Amp Electric Motor delivers enough power to cut through the toughest grass
- Durable steel 20-Inch cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- 3-in-1 feature provides multiple options for grass clippings from rear bagging, side discharge and mulching capabilities for versatile needs
- 7 position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 1 1/2-Inch to 3 3/4-Inch for the perfect cut on all grass types
- Wide 10-Inch rear wheels and 7-Inch front wheels. Please lift the rear discharge cover to find the mulching plug.
WORX WG775 Lil’Mo 14-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower with Removable Battery and Collection Bag
Perhaps you really want a lawn mower that does not use gasoline. They are cleaner, have less maintenance that needs to be done, and you do not have to worry about any gas smell when you use it. If that is what you want, then the best battery powered lawn mower you can buy is WORX WG775 Lil’Mo 14-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower . This little beauty comes with 24V removable and rechargeable batteries that give this mower the silence while mowing that you do not get with a gas powered mower.
With a 14 inch cutting deck and a three in one option of mulching, cutting, or discharging, this lawn mower can cut up to one third of an acre on just one charge of battery. It weighs just a little over 30 pounds including the battery, so it is easy to push uphill but can be a a bit hard to push in very long grass due to its small wheels. Being eco-friendly does not mean you have to give up the quality of your lawn mower. With this one, you get the best cordless lawn mower and perks of both worlds.
- Delivers the power to cut up to 1/3 acre home site without the mess and hassles of gas
- Variable Speed Self-Propelled System adjusts to your ideal mowing pace
- 36-Volt Removable Battery lifts out to charge anywhere
- Instant start every time with the push of a button
- 3-in-1: Mulch, Bag or Rear Discharge with the push of a button and the item is Non-returnable
Husqvarna 7021P 21-Inch 160cc Honda GCV160 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower
Finally, let’s look at the best rated gas powered lawn mower on the market today. This Husqvarna 7021P 21-Inch 160cc Honda GCV160 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower has a 21 inch cutting width, giving you a larger surface area you can cut while making fewer trips. Like the others, it is also a three in one machine that can cut, mulch, or discharge your grass clippings. With larger rear wheels you can get around any tough terrain that you are mowing .Plus, they help to make it easier for you to maneuver around statues or other things in the yard.
This lawn mower has a foldable handle that can give you an easier time storing and transporting it, if need be. Not everyone likes to use a gas powered mower, but if you are looking for one of the best there is on the market today, then you would be unhappy if you did not look at the Husqvarna push mower, given that this is also powered by Honda engine for a smooth drive. It gives you a precise cut while being easy to handle.
- 21-inch, gas-powered push lawn mower with 160cc Honda GVC160 engine, ideal for smaller yards
- 3-in-1 cutting system–mulch, rear bag, and side discharge
- 12-inch rear wheels increase maneuverability over a variety of terrain
- Adjustable handle for ergonomic operation; folds for storage
- 7021P is compliant for the state of California
Having seen just what mowers are at the top of the line these days when it comes to quality for price, it should give you a better idea of just what mower will be the best fit for you. Maybe you have a small lawn and you just want something tiny but effective to get your grass cut. Do not worry because there is a lawn mower for you. Any electric mower is great for small yards and plus, you are being even more eco-friendly by using a mower that is not gas powered. Perhaps though you have a large lawn that you want to get taken care of, just know that any big gas powered mower is the one to do the job. If you know at least what kind of model you want when shopping for a lawn mower, you will be able to be educated when you go looking at all of them in the store. Find the best lawn mower for the money that is going to best fit all of your needs as a lawn owner and you will find that when you get the perfect one, you will not regret it later.
Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. Read our affiliate link policy for more details.
BTW The Man : Electric’ would mean .. electricity. Battery-powered’ would mean . barttey. DUH.I have an electric; takes a few uses to get the hang of it. Most have a handle that flips’ from one side to the other, so that the cord stays on the same side of the mower, and you don’t have to walk backward, or drag the mower both of which can be dangerous. Check your mower to see if it has a hinge at the bottom, where the handle attaches to the mower. If so, then you should also have a lever that will unlock the handle and allow you to flip it over to the other side.Once you figure that out: start mowing closest to where you’ve plugged in, and walk away from it; make sure that where the cord plugs into the handle stays closest to the plug in’ point at your house. Then, as you mow further away, the cord stays on the grass that’s already been mowed.
Steven Samuel says
Most electric mowers come with a two year limited manufacturers’ warranty, and some will also offer a lifetime warranty on the mower deck. It is likely that any problems you might have with the mower will occur within the six months to a year so having a warranty that covers you beyond this initial period of use is a bonus.