It goes without saying that most leaf blowers are handheld. But you should know that not all leaf blowers are effective handheld lawn and garden maintenance tools. Frankly, there are unwieldy leaf blowers currently available in the market. Unless you’re a seasoned expert in such devices, you might mistake an unwieldy leaf blower for a handy leaf blower. If you unwittingly spend your hard-earned cash on an unwieldy leaf blower, we believe the tool will cause you a world of problems. To avoid making this mistake, take a close look at these handheld leaf blowers that we consider among the best handheld leaf blowers currently available in the market:
Best Handheld Leaf Blowers for 2020
#1 Choice – Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower (CARB Compliant)
Coming in at a mere 8.6 lbs, the Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower (CARB Compliant) is lighter than most of the leaf blowers currently available in the market, assuring you that this leaf blower will be one of the best—if not the best—handheld leaf blower you’ve ever used.
If you’d worry that the lightness of the Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower (CARB Compliant) will render it weak as a lawn and garden maintenance tool, don’t; because the device comes with a 23.9 cc (1.13-horsepower), 2-stroke commercial-grade engine that can blow out air up to maximum volume of 441 cfm at a maximum speed of 170 mph, which we believe makes the leaf blower more powerful than several of the other leaf blowers currently available in the market. As if the power of the former’s engine wasn’t enough, the leaf blower comes with a tapered nozzle that concentrates the air flow and thereby increases the power of the leaf blower itself even more.
A handheld device as light and as powerful as the aforementioned leaf blower has the potential to be difficult to use. To avoid this problem from occurring, those at Hitachi gave the leaf blower large, 2-finger throttle lever and auto-return stop switch, both of which make using the tool even more easier to handle and use.
If you’d worry that the leaf blower will emit fumes that can be harmful to the environment, don’t; because the tool comes with PureFire low-emission, 2-stroke technology, which makes the leaf blower environment friendly.
Although the leaf blower appears as a useful lawn and garden maintenance tool indeed, some customers had issues with their models’ primer bulbs. To be precise: The primer bulbs failed, causing the fuel lines of their leaf blowers to draw no fuel, rendering their lawn and garden maintenance tools nonfunctional. Generally, however, several customers are satisfied with their models. Furthermore, the leaf blower received a rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5 on Amazon with free shipping.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- The blower features a 23-9/10cc commercial-grade, two-stroke engine for excellent performance and reliability
- Class-leading air volume at 441 CFM allows for quick clean-up
- Lightweight at only 8-3/5 pounds; well-balanced for comfortable use and reduced fatigue
- Auto-return stop switch resets the blower to the on position for hassle-free starts
- Backed by a seven-year consumer-use warranty
#2 Choice – Tanaka TRB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower (CARB Compliant)
The Tanaka TRB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower (CARB Compliant) is as light, powerful, convenient to use, and environment friendly as the leaf blower reviewed previously: This leaf blower comes in at 8.6 lbs (11 lbs when shipped), and comes with 23.9 cc, 1.13 hp, commercial-grade engine that can blow out air at a maximum volume of 441 cfm at a maximum speed of 170 mph; large, 2-finger throttle buttons; auto-return stop switch; tapered nozzle, and PureFire low-emission, 2-stroke engine technology. As such, we believe this leaf blower is also a lawn and garden maintenance tool that can be as useful as any of the other best handheld leaf blowers currently available in the market.
But you might ask, what sets the Tanaka TRB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower (CARB Compliant) apart from the rest of the leaf blowers currently available commercially? We assure you, this leaf blower comes with several features not found in the leaf blower reviewed previously, which make the former unique. To begin with, the leaf blower comes with a 7-year ‘consumer warranty’—the longest product warranty granted to a user among any of the leaf blowers we’re reviewed already. Moreover, according to satisfied consumers, the leaf blower is also easy to assemble, generates little vibrations, and comes with clear, easy-to-follow instructions.
Some consumers, however, have aired complaints about the Tanaka TRB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower (CARB Compliant) online. They say this leaf blower comes with no cruise control, which makes the tool not as convenient to use as expected; comes with no throttle lock, forcing the user to press down on the throttle buttons in order to keep the tool running, making using it somewhat of a pain; has an air intake placed awkwardly that can suck in the user’s clothes, which makes using the leaf blower even more of a hassle; and has a plastic fan nut that tends to come lose easily. Nevertheless, the leaf blower received a rating of 4 and a half stars on Amazon with free shipping.
- 23.9 cc commercial grade 2 stroke engine provides excellent performance and reliability
- Class-leading air volume at 441CFM allows you to get the job done faster
- Lightweight (only 8.6 lbs) & well-balanced for comfortable use and less fatigue
- Auto return stop switch resets the blower to the “on” position for hassle free starts
- 7 Year Consumer Use Warranty
#3 Choice – Black and Decker LSW36B Bare Lithium Ion Sweeper, 36-Volt
Last but certainly not the least is the Black and Decker LSW36B Bare Lithium Ion Sweeper, 36-Volt—the lightest leaf blower on this list. Coming in at a mere 4.7 lbs, we believe this leaf blower is also lighter than many of the other leaf blowers currently available in the market.
If you’d worry that the Black and Decker LSW36B Bare Lithium Ion Sweeper, 36-Volt, will be so light it won’t be an effective lawn and garden maintenance tool, don’t, because those at Black and Decker made sure this leaf blower comes with a wide array of useful features that will enable you to truly maintain your lawn and/or garden easily and effectively. These features are: a powerful lithium-ion battery, which assures you the tool will have enough power for moving around or out of your lawn and/or garden even tough-to-remove debris like wet leaves; a built-in scraper, which makes loosening up tough-to-remove debris even easier; and a ‘Power Command’ function that gives you control over the speed at which the device generates air, assuring you that the tool will work at maximum run-time or maximum power.
If you’d worry that the leaf blower will make a racket while in use, don’t, because it’s designed to emit the least noise possible. If you’d worry that handling the leaf blower over a long period of time might put undue strain on your wrist, don’t, because it comes with a soft-grip handle.
Despite the undeniable usefulness of the leaf blower, some customers have pointed out minor drawbacks to it. They say the leaf blower isn’t as powerful as expected, the battery lasts only for a brief period of time, and the built-in sweeper isn’t as useful as expected. The leaf blower, however, received a rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5 on Amazon with free shipping.
- Compatible with both the 36V Lithium Ion and the 40V MAX* Lithium Ion battery
- Lightweight at only 4.7 lbs
- Low noise design
- Built in scraper
- Soft grip handle
Just because a tool is always made in a certain way doesn’t mean all of its version will be effective. As far as we’re concerned, this only means that consumers must be even more careful when in search of the most suitable one to them. Doing so requires a fair amount of knowledge on the tool that they need. Having provided you with 3 handheld leaf blowers that we consider among the best handheld leaf blowers currently available in the market, we hope you can now weed out the unwieldy leaf blowers among the handy leaf blowers and thereby take home with you one of the best handheld leaf blower that is also the most suitable leaf blower to you.
Do you know of other handheld leaf blowers that you find the best of the best and therefore should be included in our list?Kindly share those leaf blowers with us. We would love to hear from you.