Put the rake down. You heard me, just put it down. If you are still cleaning up autumn leaves or gathering up debris all over your yard the old fashioned way then you need this article. It was written for you. Give the back-breaking, manual labor a rest and join us in the 21st century. Get yourself a leaf blower. And not just any leaf blower, but a powerful, gas-powered blower that will help you take your yard to the next level and free up your time for activities you actually enjoy. Raking? That’s not at the top of anyone’s hobby list.
Check out our carefully researched list of the top 3 gas leaf blowers currently available on the market that will make anyone’s yard upkeep easier.
The Best Gas Leaf Blowers
#1 Choice – Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower (CARB Compliant)
Starting off our list is the Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower (CARB Compliant)—the 2nd-most powerful leaf blower on this list. The Hitachi comes with a 23.9 cc (1.13-horsepower), 2-stroke commercial-grade engine that can blow out air at a maximum speed of 170 mph and up to a maximum volume of 441 cfm, which makes this leaf blower one of the more powerful available on the market. And if you’re looking for more than just horsepower, its blower’s nozzle is tapered, which concentrates the airflow, and amplifies the power of the blower.
The Hitachi RB24EAP is also among the best environmentally-friendly, gas powered leaf blowers currently available on the market. This leaf blower comes with PureFire low-emission, 2-stroke technology, which reduces its carbon footprint significantly.
The rest of the noteworthy features of the leaf blower are: a large, 2-finger throttle lever and auto-return stop switch, which make using the tool even easier and a light, easy to carry design, coming in at 8.6 lbs in weight, which makes it easy for someone of just about any size to use without fatigue.
A few consumers did note issues with their models primer bulb. The primer bulbs failed, causing the fuel lines to stop drawing fuel, rendering the leaf blowers non-operational. These seem to be isolated occurrences and most consumers love their Hitachis. This particular leaf blower received a stellar rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5 on Amazon, where it’s currently being sold for $139.00. Hence, this is our top pick for the best gas leaf blowers.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- The blower features a 23-9/10cc commercial-grade, two-stroke engine for excellent performance and reliability
- Class-leading air volume at 441 CFM allows for quick clean-up
- Lightweight at only 8-3/5 pounds; well-balanced for comfortable use and reduced fatigue
- Auto-return stop switch resets the blower to the on position for hassle-free starts
- Backed by a seven-year consumer-use warranty
#2 Choice – Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower
Equipped with a 1.1-horsepower, 2-cycle engine, and weighing in at 9.4 lbs, the Husqvarna 125B 28cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Blower/Vac is less powerful and slightly heavier than the leaf blower reviewed previously but it is still an excellent addition to your arsenal of yard tools.
Our favorite Husqvarna features will blow you away (pun intended). To begin with, this leaf blower is incredibly fuel efficient. It consumes fuel at a rate of 575 g/kWh, enabling you to clear out your yard of debris without having to re-fuel over and over again. Low fuel consumption also reduces the effect on the environment, reducing your carbon footprint. This blower also comes with a 16.91 oz gas tank, enabling you to not only use the leaf blower for hours without worrying that it might run out of fuel, but also do ‘big jobs’, like clearing out a mega yard.
The other notable features of this leaf blower include: a flare nozzle, which enables the tool to blow out air at high speed, allowing you to move around or blow away ‘tough’ debris like wet leaves; a Vac-Kit for vacuuming and/or mulching debris; cruise control, which enables the tool to maintain a constant fan speed, enabling you to use it without having to constantly regulate its blower’s speed manually, truly making the tool easy and enjoyable to use; fan housing design that directs the airstream in line with the tool’s handle, minimizing the ‘rotational force’ on your wrist as you use it; fully adjustable blower tube length; stop switch that returns to the ‘on’ position automatically; a quick-start engine and starter; an easily adjustable, soft-grip handle; easy-reach controls; an air-purge function that removes air from the tool’s carburetor and fuel system, making it even more easier to start; and fan speed settings, which allow you to customize the experience.
Despite the wide array of features the leaf blower comes with, a few customers found some issues with their models, such as malfunctioning fuel lines, and fuel filter. Nevertheless, the Husqvarna 1leaf blower received a solid consumer rating of 4.4 stars out of five on Amazon, where it’s currently being sold for $149.95.
- The fan housing is engineered so that the air stream is in line with the handle; This reduces stress on the wrist and arm
- Stop switch automatically resets to the ON position for easier starting
- Fan speed can be set for easier handling
- The blowing tube length is adjustable for best performance
- CARB Compliant
#3 Choice – Husqvarna 350BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle X-Torq Gas Powered 180 MPH Midsize Back Pack Blower (CARB Compliant)
Last but certainly not the least is the Husqvarna 350BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle X-Torq Gas Powered 180 MPH Midsize Back Pack Blower (CARB Compliant)—the most powerful leaf blower on this list. This beast is so powerful it will literally blow ladies clothes off. Whoosh! It packs a 2.1-horsepower engine that can generate power up to a maximum of 7,500 RPM. As if the engine’s power capability wasn’t enough, the engine itself is designed with Husqvarna’s patented 2-stroke X-Torq engine technology, which enables the engine to generate even more blowing power.
This leaf blower comes with several features that make it just as easy and comfortable to use as the two leaf blowers reviewed previously, including integrated, ventilated shoulder straps that make carrying and moving around the tool truly easy and easily adjustable, soft-grip handle. Unlike the other two models, this guys is meant to be worn as a backpack so you can blow like pro.
Other noteworthy features of the leaf blower include: ergonomic controls; a 42.27 oz gas tank; an air-purge function that removes air from the carburetor and fuel system, which makes starting the leaf blower a snap; and 20% less fuel consumption and 60% less emission than most of other gas powered leaf blowers currently available on the market.
A few consumers have mentioned the backpack straps could be more comfortable for long-term jobs, though most are blown away by how powerful and easy to sue this machine is. The Husqvarna received a killer rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5 on Amazon, where it’s currently being sold for $289.99.
- Lightweight blower with integrated back pack harness for landscape professionals as well as homeowners
- 2.1 HP X-Torq engine reduces harmful exhaust emissions and increase fuel efficiency
- Comfortable, ventilated and load-reducing harness with hip belt and wide shoulder straps
- Fan speed can be set for easier handling; air purge removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
- CARB Compliant, 692.17 cfm
- Purchase this Husqvarna handheld item along with 3-32 ounce cans of Husqvarna pre-mix fuel, register your product online, and your consumer warranty will be extended from 2 years to 4 years
We hope our breakdown of the three best gas-powered leaf blowers will help you find the best possible model to defeat the leaf army taking over your yard. Lose the rake, power up, my friend.