Needless to say, leaf blowers should be truly easy to carry around and use. Mainly a handheld device, a leaf blower should give a user no difficulty with navigating his lawn and garden. Otherwise, the user will eventually (if not soon) tire of using such a lawn and garden maintenance tool. Take for example a leaf blower that comes with an electrical cord. While electrical devices usually come with such a cord, we believe it would be best for leaf blowers to be designed with a built-in power source and no such cord, because the reach of a user will be limited to its length, rendering the leaf blower he would use not as handy as he’d like. But this doesn’t mean all cordless leaf blowers are effective. Since cordless leaf blowers are being produced in an ever-increasing variety of weights, sizes, designs, and functions, some can be considered better than the others. To save you from the pain of having to sift through all of the best cordless leaf blowers currently available in the market in order to find the best one for you, here are 3 that we regard a cut above the rest:
The Best Cordless Leaf Blowers
#1 Choice – Black and Decker LSW36B Bare Lithium Ion Sweeper, 36-Volt
Let’s begin with the Black and Decker LSW36B Bare Lithium Ion Sweeper, 36-Volt—most likely one of the lightest cordless leaf blowers among the best cordless leaf blowers currently available in the market. Indeed, coming in at a mere 4.7 lbs, there is little doubt in our minds you’d find this cordless leaf blower quite handy indeed.
If you’d worry that the usefulness of the Black and Decker LSW36B Bare Lithium Ion Sweeper, 36-Volt, doesn’t go beyond being convenient, don’t, because those at Black and Decker made sure that this cordless leaf blower comes with a wide array of useful features that together enable you to truly maintain your lawn and garden easily and effectively. These features are: a powerful lithium-ion battery, which assures you that the device can truly move around or out of your yard even tough debris like matted leaves; a built-in scraper, which enables you to easily loosen up tough debris, assuring you that the device can blow it around or away; and a ‘Power Command’ function that gives you control over the speed at which the device generates air, assuring you that the device will work at maximum run-time or maximum power.
If you’d worry that the cordless leaf blower will make a racket while switched on, don’t, because the device is designed to emit the least noise possible. If you’d worry that handling the device over a long period of time might put undue strain on your wrist, don’t, because it comes with a soft-grip handle.
While the Black and Decker LSW36B Bare Lithium Ion Sweeper, 36-Volt, does seem quite a useful cordless leaf blower indeed, some customers have minor complaints about it. They say the built-in sweeper isn’t as useful as expected, the battery lasts only for a brief period of time, and the cordless leaf blower isn’t as powerful as hoped. Nonetheless, the device received a rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5 on Amazon, where it’s currently being sold with free shipping.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Compatible with both the 36V Lithium Ion and the 40V MAX* Lithium Ion battery
- Lightweight at only 4.7 lbs
- Low noise design
- Built in scraper
- Soft grip handle
#2 Choice – WORX WG545.1 WORXAIR Lithium Multi-Purpose Blower/Sweeper/Cleaner, 20-Volt
Coming in at just 3.5 lbs, the WORX WG545.1 WORXAIR Lithium Multi-Purpose Blower/Sweeper/Cleaner, 20-Volt, not only is this the lightest cordless leaf blower on this list, but we believe you’d be hard pressed to find a cordless leaf blower on the list that’s lighter than it.
If you’d worry that the WORX WG545.1 WORXAIR Lithium Multi-Purpose Blower/Sweeper/Cleaner, 20-Volt, is weak, don’t, for this cordless leaf blower comes with a powerful, rechargeable 20-volt MAX lithium battery that enables the device to blow out 80 cfm of air at a maximum speed of 120 mph per hour. To be sure, such power will be more than enough for moving around or out of your lawn and garden even tough debris like matted leaves.
The cordless leaf blower isn’t just a surprisingly light and powerful lawn and garden maintenance tool; the device comes with no less than 9 attachments that together make it truly effective. These attachments are: long tube designed specifically for clearing away the debris on your garage floor, deck, patio, and/or porch; short tube designed specifically for ‘quick cleanups’, like outdoor table tops and campers; dust brush designed specifically for removing the debris in hard-to-reach places like cavities in walls; extension hose to which you can attach the nozzles the cordless leaf blower comes with in order to reach hard-to-reach areas; dust nozzle designed to make clearing out dust in hard-to-reach areas easy; ‘detail brush’ designed to be used with the extension hose to clear out the dust in areas like car dashboards, the spaces between the keys of a keyboard, and printer housings; ‘wand’, or ‘wide nozzle’, that enables the cordless leaf blower to send compressed air through narrow openings into hard-to-reach areas like the underside of a refrigerator; ‘inflator nozzle’; and ‘deflator cover’.
Despite the WORX WG545.1 WORXAIR Lithium Multi-Purpose Blower/Sweeper/Cleaner, 20-Volt, wide array of useful features, a small number of consumers have taken note of a few minor drawbacks to this cordless leaf blower. They say the battery lasts for only a brief period of time, and takes long to recharge. They also say the device isn’t as powerful as hoped. Nevertheless, the cordless leaf blower received a rating of 4 stars out of 5 on Amazon, where it’s currently being sold with free shipping.
- Create and maintain a clean zone around your home
- Cordless convenience with the powerful 20-volt MAX lithium battery
- Ultra lightweight and compact to fit and go anywhere
- Includes 8 attachments for an array of clean-up or inflating tasks
- 120 mph air speed with 80 cfm air flow and only 3.5 lbs.
#3 Choice – Earthwise CB20018 18-Volt
Coming in at, more or less, 8 lbs, the Earthwise CB20018 18-Volt is heavier than both of the cordless leaf blowers reviewed previously. But we believe the power it can generate more than makes up for its decreased portability. Indeed, having a powerful, rechargeable 18-Volt Ni-Cad battery that gives it enough power to generate air at a maximum speed of 140 mph, we trust most of these blowers that are lighter than the aforementioned cordless leaf blower can’t hold a candle to it.
If you’d worry that the Earthwise CB20018 18-Volt will be difficult to control, don’t, because it comes with a rubber over-molded handle that helps make using this cordless leaf blower truly easy. The device also comes with a 20” snap-on tube that not only enables you to use it with precision, but also makes the device even more powerful.
Although the Earthwise CB20018 18-Volt does seem like a very useful cordless leaf blower indeed, some consumers have pointed out a few drawbacks to it. According to them, the battery lasts for only a brief period of time, and the device isn’t as powerful as gas-powered leaf blowers, rendering the former not as effective as expected. The cordless leaf blower, however, received a rating of 4 stars out of 5 on Amazon, where it’s currently being sold with free shipping.
- Earthwise CB20018 cordless blower is lightweight and easy to use
- Blowing speed is 140 miles-per-hour; no cord to drag around your yard or trip over
- Includes 20-inch snap-on tube, one 18-volt battery, and charger
- Ni-Cad battery that comes with this blower, requires an initial charge time of at least 5-6 hours
- Battery will work with any 18-Volt Earthwise cordless tool; 2-year limited warranty; weighs 7.5 pounds.Battery charge times to achieve a full unit charge vary from 3 hrs. 10 minutes to the longest charge time of 5 hrs. and 54 minutes. The average is 4 hrs. and 50 minutes.
Just because a tool looks quite handy at first blush doesn’t mean it will be effective. As we trust the 3 of the best leaf blowers currently available in the market were able to show you, much more goes into making a tool truly effective, and you should be careful of assessing each of them. Given these detailed reviews of each cordless leaf blower, we hope to have been able to show what you should look for in the best cordless leaf blower for you and thus find it.