In the recent past, it was the latest trend to go as green as possible in your lives. If you are conscious about how much pollution you put out into the air, you are probably aware that there are ways of getting around constantly polluting the air we breathe by a few different options. One of them that really took off is cordless lawn mowers. These little machines can help you keep a clean and maintained yard, all while keeping you from dirtying the air around you with any more nasty gas fumes. But finding the best cordless lawn mower for you can be a struggle because what exactly do you look for? If they all say that they can give you a cleaner environment, what is it that you really need to know that will set one apart from the rest? Just keep in mind that not every cordless lawn mower is created equal, you need to read up a little before you get yours.
Cordless lawn mowers are basically lawn mowers that run on rechargeable batteries and are exactly what they say they are, cordless. This means that they do not have a pull start cord that will activate the motor. Most of them have a one push button that will start the lawn mower with just the press of it. But, one of the only downfalls of having a cordless mower is that often times, the battery does not last a very long time (no more than two hours) so if you have a larger surface area to mow, you may need to take a few breaks. Or instead of using battery-powered ones, you can opt for gas fueled lawn mowers. This could be a negative aspect for a lot of people who do not have a lot of time in the day to do this chore, but that should not outweigh the fact that you own something that is harmless to the environment. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the best cordless lawn mowers out there today.
Top Cordless Lawn Mowers of 2020
#1 Choice – GreenWorks 25302 Twin Force G-MAX 40V Li-Ion 20-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower
The GreenWorks 25302 Twin Force G-MAX is one of the best cordless lawn mowers from the GreenWorks Company. They specialize in making tools and mowers for you that are sustainable and gas free. This particular mower comes with ion batteries that are easily removable and chargeable when needed. This lawn mower can run for up to 70 minutes on a single charge, so you will not need to worry about it as often. This lightweight lawn mower also has a collection bag that can be used to collect grass clippings, and it has a mulching capability as well.
One of the coolest aspects of this cordless mower is that it has a built in technology called, “Innovative Smart Cut” which will adjust the power of the mower and the runtime of the battery all based on the thickness of your grass. This allows for a more efficient running machine and you can spend less battery life. Another great thing with this lawn mower is that it has a switch over feature on the batteries. That means it will use up the power from one and when that is depleted, it will automatically switch over to the other one. If you are in the market for a great, efficient, lightweight cordless mower, this could be the one.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System powers multiple tools for complete yard work system–includes 2 Batteries and Charger
- 20-Inch cutting deck offers a great balance of maneuverability and cutting capacity making it ideal for mid-sized areas
- Innovative Smart Cut technology adjusts for power or runtime based on the thickness of your grass
- Dual blades offer better cut quality, superior mulching and bagging capabilities
- Automatic battery switchover pulls power from the second battery once the first is depleted to eliminate downtime
#2 Choice – Black & Decker MTC220 12-Inch Lithium Cordless 3-in-1 Trimmer/Edger and Mower
Another great cordless mower on the market these days is the Black & Decker MTC220 Cordless 3-in-1 Trimmer/Edger and Mower with 20 volt batteries. This nifty little tool gets you more bang for your buck. Not only does it run on batteries, therefore making it eco friendly, but you get not only a mower, but you get a edger and trimmer for those hard to reach areas and sidewalks. It is easily convertible from each of these three different tools so you never have to struggle going from one thing to another.
This lawn mower also comes with two rechargeable ion batteries that should retain their charge up to 5 times longer than other 20 volt batteries of their kind. It also has an adjustable height so you can easily work with it no matter who in your family may be using it. Not only that, but because it is adjustable and it is cordless, the troubles you may had storing three separate other machines are no more. This will easily store anywhere you put it, and without gas or oil, you do not have to worry about leaks.
- 3 tools in 1, easily converts from mower to trimmer to edger
- AFS automatic feed system ensures continuous work without bumping and having to stop
- Power Drive Transmission prevents bogging down
- Adjustable height deck & trimmer and pivoting handle
- Includes 2 batteries for extended run time
#3 Choice – WORX WG788 19-Inch 36 Volt Cordless 3-In-1 Lawn Mower
Finally, the WORX WG788 Cordless 3-In-1 Lawn Mower is just another great option for you if you are looking for a cordless lawn mower. This little machine has removable batteries that will recharge and it also features that special IntelliCut technology that gives you just a little more torque for some of those times when your grass may be just a little too thick to cut through. This lawn mower also has a 19 inch blade that is specially designed to cut up and mulch your grass better than any other lawn mower blade.
It is especially useful when your lawn is a tad over grown and needs a little extra clean up. The battery in this lawn mower runs for up to 1 hour or 18,500 square feet per charge. So if you have a smaller lawn or you mow fast, you should be able to get the whole thing done before recharging. One of the great things about this particular lawn mower is that the hand can come off which makes it easy for you to store it anywhere in the garage or shed without taking up a lot of space.
- Cordless mower with removable, rechargeable 36-volt battery
- IntelliCut mowing technology adds torque when you’re cutting tough grass
- Special mulching blade chops up clippings better than standard blades
- Battery runs for up to 1 hour or 18,500 square feet per charge
- 19-inch cutting width; adjustable mowing height from 1.5 to 3.5 inches
Now that you have an idea of a few of the best cordless lawn mowers out there today, you have a tough decision to make. While they all provide you with a gasless machine that you can pretty much store anywhere, they all have some differences that make them unique. It’s up to you to find the best one that will accommodate all of your lawn maintenance needs, while making you a happy owner of an eco-friendly, envy inducing, machine.