Read time: 7 minutes
Learn: The 3 best commercial leaf blowers on the market
Ready to step up and dominate your yard like the boss you know you are? We thought so.
When it comes to leaf blowers, if you want the best, then you’re seeking a commercial version. Pros and weekend warriors alike need quality equipment to do a quality job.
But, determining which commercial leaf blower is the right pick for you can be time-consuming, overwhelming and confusing, whether you’re a small lawn and garden maintenance company outfitting your workers, or a home enthusiast trying to tame your backyard. That’s where we come in.
We compiled a curated list of our favorite commercial leaf blowers after culling through hundreds of products and conducting meticulous reviews. Our picks are the top contenders when it comes to ease of use, power, portability and durability. Each tool we review is also a fan favorite among consumers with plenty of purchaser experience to back it up.
Read on to learn more about the best of the field and find the right tool for your needs and budget.
The Best Commercial Leaf Blowers for 2020
Husqvarna 350BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle X-Torq Gas Powered 180 MPH Midsize Back Pack BlowerProduct Name
- 4.6Amazon Rating
#1 Choice – Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower
Let’s begin with the Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower—one of the most powerful leaf blowers among the best commercial leaf blowers currently available in the market. This backpack-style blower is equipped with a 75.6 cc, 4-stroke, commercial-duty engine that enables this powerhouse lawn and garden maintenance tool to deliver air at a maximum volume of 526 cfm at a maximum speed of 195 mph.
To make it easy to use, despite its high power capability, Makita designed the BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower with padded shoulder straps and a generously padded, ventilated back panel. These features ensure the blower will be comfortable, sturdy and easy to maneuver.
The other key features of the BBX7600N are: a decompression system that makes starting the leaf blower a snap, low fuel and oil consumption, a longer run time, quieter operation, and a large-capacity air filter, which works to improve dust control, as well as extends the life of the leaf blower, for maximum usage and the best return on your investment.
The only downside to the Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower is the hefty price tag; this backpack leaf blower is currently being sold through Amazon with free shipping. Despite the cost, we think this leaf blower is worth the investment, having received a perfect rating (5 out of 5 stars) on Amazon.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Powerful and fuel efficient 75.6 cc 4-stroke commercial duty engine
- Meets or exceeds epa and carb exhaust and evaporative emissions regulations
- Padded shoulder straps and ventilated back panel with lumbar support for improved operator comfort
- Large capacity air filter is replaceable and easily accessible
#2 Choice – Tanaka Commercial Grade 25cc 1.3 HP Two-Stroke Gas Powered Handheld Blower
Boasting a 2-stroke, 1.3 hp PureFire engine, the Tanaka Commercial Grade 25cc 1.3 HP Two-Stroke Gas Powered Handheld Blower with Cruise Control (CARB Compliant) THB-260PF can deliver air at an impressive volume of 393 cfm. While this is definitely a powerful tool, it pales just slightly in comparison with the previous blower. But thanks to some other standout features, the Tanaka is a top contender in the market.
Our favorite features include cruise control and a soft elastomer handle. The cruise control is an electronic feature that you can switch on with the push of a button in order to make the blower consistently pump out air at the speed you pre-select, which makes use super easy and straightforward. Since the handle is made of elastomer, which is a soft and rubbery substance, maneuvering the Tanaka won’t cause undue strain or fatigue, which makes whipping your yard project into shape quick and easy.
The Tanaka also comes equipped with a high-volume fan nozzle that increases the volume of air it can deliver, boosting the overall effectiveness when it comes to power.
The rest of the notable features include: a shredder blade for optional vacuum use, as well as the ability to ‘directionally-blow’ debris around or out of your lawn and/or garden in order to help you get the job done effectively and easily.
While the Tanaka is a great performer, a small number of consumers have noted a few drawbacks, namely the weight of the tool since it isn’t a backpack style and it does have to be held by hand, and the overall cost. Nevertheless, the leaf blower received a stellar rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5 on Amazon with free shipping.
If you’re ready for a solid, reliable, effective blower but aren’t stet on having a backpack style, this is a great option for saving on cost and still getting a tool you can depend on.
- 25 cc, 1.3 h.p. PureFire two-stroke engine
- 393 CFM (at round tube)
- 68 dbA
- Two-year commercial use warranty / Three-year consumer use warranty
- Weighs 10.9 lbs. (with tubes)
#3 Choice – Husqvarna 350BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle X-Torq Gas Powered 180 MPH Midsize Back Pack Blower
Coming in with a 50.2cc, 2-cycle X-Torq gas engine, the Husqvarna 350 BTS 50.2cc 2.1 HP Gas Backpack Blower is easily one of the most powerful leaf blowers on our list of the best commercial tools available on the market. Also a backpack-style, the Husqvarna also comes equipped with a fan designed to deliver air at the highest speed and volume, making it especially powerful and an excellent choice.
The Husqvarna also comes equipped with a few other key features we like to see in a top-performing leaf blower.
First, and foremost, it comes with easily adjustable, soft-grip handles that ensure maneuvering the blower is smooth and effortless. It is also especially comfortable and easy to wear for long periods of time, without discomfort.
In order to prolong the engine life and reduce the frequency at which the air filter needs to be cleaned, it also comes with a centrifugal air-cleaning system that prevents large debris from reaching the air filter and thereby keeping it as debris-free as possible.
Ignition is also easy, the Husqvarna comes with an air-purge feature that removes air from the carburetor and the fuel system, enabling it to switch on in seconds.
The Torque engine also has an exhaust reduction mechanism that mitigates 20% of fumes and it has also been optimized for maximum fuel efficiency, up to 10% over other models, thereby significantly improving cost savings on gas.
The only complaint aired about the Husqvarna is their less than stellar customer service. Generally, however, most consumers are satisfied with all other aspects of their models. This model also has a solid Amazon rating of 4.6 stars out of 5 with free shipping.
- Lightweight blower with integrated back pack harness for landscape professionals as well as homeowners
- 2.1 HP X-Torq engine reduces harmful exhaust emissions and increase fuel efficiency
- Comfortable, ventilated and load-reducing harness with hip belt and wide shoulder straps
- Fan speed can be set for easier handling; air purge removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
- CARB Compliant, 692.17 cfm
- Purchase this Husqvarna handheld item along with 3-32 ounce cans of Husqvarna pre-mix fuel, register your product online, and your consumer warranty will be extended from 2 years to 4 years
Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. Read our affiliate link policy for more details.
Bob Rand says
Brandon, How can you promote this as a comparison of the best when you exclude the top 2 Pro blowers; Stihl and Echo. I t is obvious that you are only commenting on those that butter your bread thru amazon.
Be honest and fully disclose.
Maybe it’s because Stihl can go fuck itself.
Called in over a 400$ blower that was intermittently non-functional only after 6 hours of use and CHAD from head office says to me “sorry pal you brought a knife to a gunfight”
In reference to me asking for an exchange or my money back and i| was not going to settle for servicing(on a product I only had for a week!)
Will never use Stihl again in my life, based exclusively on this experience.
I don’t blame you. I sucks that you ran into a bad rep
Well after reading this I can clearly say this guy has little to no experience about the quality of and functionality of blowers. I will however start by saying that I am a small engine mechanic in Miami, Fl where I see blowers used year round along with other commercial machines. I will get straight to the facts. If you want RAW power go with Stihl, Redmax, Maruyama, Echo. In that order and always buy the biggest model. Why? Well you want to finish fast right? Ok, that being said you will be looking at a $600 purchase give or take $100 bucks. Oh and BTW, if you cannot or would not spend that much then you will need to look closer to the residential models like the ones mentioned in this Review. They are titled COMMERCIAL BUT they are really NOT. Trust me, they cannot hold a candle to any of the brands mentioned above. I work on all brands and models and In this case as in most cases: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. You can either save money or Time its your call. BTW I own the Stihl BR700 and its a BEAST (PERIOD)