Starting your own lawn mowing business can be a very lucrative business if you know just how to run it. You need to know just what you are getting into, how much it will cost to start it up, how many people (if any) you want to work for you, and how much you want to charge your clients to do all of their lawn work. After you have all of the logistics figured out, you will want to then start off on the right foot. Your next task will be to find the best commercial lawn mowers to use for your business. And it is not necessarily an easy job. But if you know all of the right details, you will not have a problem when it comes to shopping.
You will want to find one that is easy to use and won’t cost a whole lot to buy, but more importantly, won’t cost a lot to maintain. Many lawn mowers need to be cleaned and kept up with when they are not in use. Not to mention, you want one that will be able to handle the many jobs of cutting grass, and some of them at a variety of different heights. Longer grass is harder to get through and you will want a lawn mower that will not break down while you are doing it. And another feature you may want is one that can collect and mulch grass as well as cutting and discharging it. An important thing you will want to make sure of when you are picking out the lawn mower you want, is to make sure that it will be transported easily. If you can’t fit it into a truck or trailer, you may want to rethink your choice. Once you have your list of features and choices narrowed down, it is time to shop for the perfect lawn mower. So, let’s see what the top three commercial lawn mowers are and you can decide which one will suit your needs best.
Top Commercial Lawn Mowers for 2020
#1 Choice – Lawn-Boy 10730 Kohler High Wheel Push Gas Walk Behind Lawn Mower
If you are looking for an easy to use and fairly simple push lawn mower that you can walk behind, then the Lawn-Boy 10730 is the one for you. It boasts a 21 inch cutting deck which means it will cover more ground so you can get your job done faster while still cutting the grass properly. This lawn mower also has high wheels in the back which allows for you to get a better traction on rough terrain or mowing in ditches and up hills. Plus it allows you to better maneuver around tough corners in yards, like around building or statues.
This particular model comes in three different models; self propelled, electric start, and push Kohler. Kohler refers to the engine that the lawn mower uses. The beauty of this is that you can get whatever model you think will be better suited to your business. They are all lightweight which is great because they will transport easily from wherever you need to go, and they probably will not be that taxing to put into use either.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- High wheel design makes it easy to maneuver on uneven terrain
- 2-Point Height-of-Cut System allows you to quickly adjust cutting heights from one side of the mower
- 3 year Tru-Start Commitment; Starts with 1 or 2 pulls or Lawn-Boy will fix it for free
- Kohler 149cc/ 6.5 ft.-lbs. Gross Torque/ OHV Engine
- Cannot ship to California, see model 17730 for California
#2 Choice – Husqvarna 7021P 21-Inch 160cc Honda GCV160 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower With High Rear Wheels (CARB Compliant)
Another best commercial lawn mower choice for your mowing business is the Husqvarna 7021P Honda GCV160 Gas Powered lawn mower. This little machine comes with high rear wheels as well which means that it also can maneuver better around hilly or rough terrain. This lawn mower also features a 21 inch cutting deck, reducing the amount of walk time behind the mower, which means you can get more lawns done in a day. But because of the precision of the blades, you will get the lawn mowed with a clean finish.
One great thing about his particular mower is that it has a foldable handle which will allow you for better and easier transportation to and from lawns. Plus, it will store well over the winter months that you will not be in business. With an adjustable handle as well, it will work for a variety of different heights, so if you have multiple employees, anyone can use it. This lawn mower is a 3-in-1 which means it can either collect, mulch, or discharge the grass that it cuts. And it comes with its own collection bag if you would like to use it.
- 21-inch, gas-powered push lawn mower with 160cc Honda GVC160 engine, ideal for smaller yards
- 3-in-1 cutting system–mulch, rear bag, and side discharge
- 12-inch rear wheels increase maneuverability over a variety of terrain
- Adjustable handle for ergonomic operation; folds for storage
- 7021P is compliant for the state of California
#3 Choice – Poulan Pro 961420127 PR625Y22RHP Briggs 625ex Side Discharge/Mulch/Bag 3-in-1 Hi-Wheel Front Wheel Self Propelled Mower
Lastly, the Poulan Pro 961420127 PR625Y22RHP Briggs 625ex Side Discharge/Mulch/Bag 3-in-1 Hi-Wheel Front Wheel Self Propelled Mower is another great choice for your business. It boasts a 3-in-1 feature just like the one before it. So you can collect, discharge, or mulch the grass clipping. It also is a great mower for commercial businesses because it has a 22 inch cutting deck which helps to cut more of the lawn in less time. This mower in particular has 4-Quick height adjusters with 9 positions that you can easily adjust it to in order to get your preferred height of the cut grass.
This is a great feature of a commercial lawn mower because sometimes people all have a specific height they like their lawns, and if you have a mower that does not have as many options, you could lose some business for not having more options. This mower also happens to be very lightweight and easy to push which is a plus because it will take less work to push it.
- 625Ex 150cc Briggs & Stratton Autochoke engine
- 22-Inch deck push mower
- 3 in 1 side discharge, mulch and bag capability
- 4-Quick height adjusters with 9 positions
- 8-Inch Front and 12-Inch Rear Wheels
Before starting your new lawn mowing business, it is important to get the best commercial lawn mower on the market for you and any potential employees you may have, to use. It is important to look at all aspects of the lawn mowers and see which has all the features that you are looking for them to have. If you want something that is lightweight, there are plenty to choose from. You just need to remember that you need a lawn mower that is going to be dependable because you cannot have your equipment break down if you are on the job. Finding one that fits all your needs will not be difficult, as long as you know everything you want before shopping. Now you can go out there and start making some extra cash on the weekends!