Since leaf blowers are outdoor power tools, convenience of use should be a feature that we all should look for when in the market for the most suitable ones to us. By this we don’t only mean being lightweight. Before purchasing the leaf blower that you’d have your heart set on, ascertain that it’s designed not to limit your reach. You should be able to move freely around your lawn or garden as you use it. You wouldn’t be able to move the debris out or away otherwise. Having reviewed numerous leaf blowers already, our expert opinion is: battery leaf blowers—especially the best battery leaf blowers currently available in the market—are the most maneuverable leaf blowers of all. They are lightweight and come with no cord to limit your reach. They also come with several more features that make them effective lawn and garden maintenance tools indeed. Cases in point are these three of the best battery leaf blowers currently available in the market:
Top Battery Leaf Blowers for 2020
#1 Choice – Black & Decker LSW321 20 V Lithium Powercommand Power Boost Sweeper
Since the Black & Decker LSW321 20 V Lithium Power Sweeper comes with a built-in Black & Decker’s 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery as its power source, this handheld electric leaf blower allows you to move debris from your entire lawn or garden easily. Don’t worry that it will run for only a brief period of time; Black & Decker makes sure all its batteries will last longer than the batteries of most of the other leaf blowers available commercially. In fact, after having been charged the handheld electric leaf blower’s battery last 25 minutes of runtime to do variety of tasks. The handheld electric leaf blower itself weighs a mere 3.7 lbs, making it the lightest and thus the most maneuverable leaf blower on this list.
But this doesn’t mean the Black & Decker LSW321 20 V Lithium-Ion Powercommand Power Boost Sweeper is just a remarkably convenient to use handheld electric leaf blower. It comes with several more features that make it a truly effective lawn and garden maintenance tool. These features are: built-in scraper that enables it to easily loosen and lift away stubborn debris like wet leaves; snap-in tube, which makes assembling it a cinch; fume- and noise-free operation; LSW321 battery charger; and LBXR2020 battery.
Although it has a built-in scraper, according to a few consumers, the Black & Decker LSW321 Power Boost Sweeper is ineffective at heavy-duty work (e.g., dealing with a substantial amount of stubborn debris). It, however, has received a commendable rating of 4 stars out of 5 on Amazon, where it’s currently being sold with shipping will be free of charge.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- 130 MPH sweeper easily clears debris from hard surfaces
- Low noise design allows for quiet operation
- Up to 25 minutes of runtime allows you to complete a variety of tasks
- POWERBOOST increases power to clear stubborn debris
- Part of the 20V MAX System; 1 System – Endless Tasks. Power for your Style
- Part of the POWERCOMMAND Family of tools – EASYFEED, POWERCUT, POWERBOOST – helps solve common user frustrations when using Outdoor Power Equipment.
#2 Choice – Greenworks 24322 DigiPro G-MAX 40 V Cordless 185 mph Blower/Vac (with 4ah battery and charger)
Coming in at 5.6 lbs (16 lbs when shipped), the Greenworks 24322 DigiPro G-MAX 40 V Cordless 185 mph Blower/Vac (with 4ah battery and charger)is heavier than the handheld electric leaf blower reviewed previously. Don’t worry that the weight will render it difficult to maneuver; it’s lighter than many of the best battery leaf blowers currently available in the market and most probably even the leaf blowers you’ve used before. We also believe you’ll need the weight to keep it under control during use. It comes with a brushless motor powered by a powerful long-lasting rechargeable G-MAX 40 V lithium-ion battery system that enables it to deliver up to 340 cfm of air per minute at a maximum variable air speed of 185 mph. It also generates 30 percent more torque than many of the other similar commercially available leaf blowers, making it surprisingly powerful for a handheld electric leaf blower.
But this doesn’t mean the Greenworks 24322 DigiPro G-MAX 40 V Cordless 185 mph Blower/Vac (with 4ah battery and charger)is just a surprisingly convenient to use powerhouse of a lawn and garden maintenance tool. It’s also remarkably efficient and enjoyable to use. Its motor’s brushless design enables it to generate even more power, as well produce less noise and vibration than most of the other commercially available leaf blowers. Its motor’s design also improves its battery’s efficiency and makes the motor itself exceptionally durable. Thus, this handheld electric leaf blower is sure to withstand a lot of wear and tear.
The rest of the features of the handheld electric leaf blower are: convenient hassle-free electric start switch, over-mold grip handle and wrap-around handle, which make it comfortable to use; LED battery level indicator, which makes it easier for you to keep an eye on the battery’s life; 10:1 mulch ratio; charger; quick charge time of 1 hour and 20 minutes; large collector bag; and operator’s manual.
As its name states, the Greenworks 24322 DigiPro G-MAX 40 V Cordless 185 mph Blower/Vac (with 4ah battery and charger)is designed to be used as a vacuum as well; however, a few consumers have pointed out its vacuum mode feature as a drawback. They say converting it into a leaf vacuum and back into a leaf blower is a hassle. They also say it tends to clog when in leaf vacuum mode. Some other consumers complain that it isn’t as powerful as they expected, and its charger is a pain to use. Nonetheless, it has received a laudable rating of 4 stars out of 5 on Amazon, where it’s currently being sold with shipping will be free of charge.
- DigiPro Brushless Motor with our G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System delivers longer motor life, longer run time, more efficiency, less noise and greater performance
- Variable speed offers up to 185 mph to make clean up of major debris easy and efficient
- Blower/Vac capability provides a versatile use to get your yard work done without the need for multiple tools
- Powerful enough to handle wet and dry leaves
- Compatible ONLY with GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Battery models, 29472 and 29462 and G-MAX Charger model 29482
#3 Choice – Black & Decker LSWV36 40 V Lithium-ion Sweeper/Vac
The Black & Decker LSWV36 40 V Lithium-ion Sweeper/Vac is heavier than both the handheld electric leaf blower reviewed previously. It’s, more or less, twice as heavy as the first. It’s nearly 1.5 pounds heavier than the second. It also delivers air slower than the second, up to 120 mph only. So, you might ask yourself: What is it about this handheld electric leaf blower that makes it excellent? It comes with a feature not found in either of the handheld electric leaf blowers reviewed previously that enables it to give the user benefits that the two other lawn and garden maintenance tools can’t. This feature is called the ‘Power Command’ function. It gives you full control over the speed at which the handheld electric leaf blower itself delivers air. This function also enables it to run at maximum power for a long period of time, which makes it truly effective and convenient to use.
The rest of the features of the Black & Decker LSWV36 40 V Lithium-ion Sweeper/Vac are: blower tube with built-in scraper; design that makes it easily convertible into a leaf vacuum leaf and then back into a leaf blower; soft-grip handle, powerful cordless rechargeable Black & Decker 40-volt lithium power source; fast recharge time of, more or less, 1 hour; easily attachable half-bushel collector bag; and operating instructions.
Although the Black & Decker LSWV36 40 V Lithium-ion Sweeper/Vac is made of quality materials, according to some consumers, certain parts of it aren’t as sturdy as they should be. The part about which they complained the most is its plastic impeller. The other drawbacks to it that other consumers have pointed out are its air intake, collector bag, and current price. They say: The air intake was designed on the side of it that puts it in close proximity to your clothes, causing it to suck in your clothes during use and the collector bag is quite small.It’s currently being sold through Amazon with the 40V battery and without the battery. Both products are offered with free shipping. This is a capable blower and has received a rating of 4 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
- Can be used as a Sweeper or Vacuum
- Compatible with both the 36V Lithium Ion and the 40V MAX* Lithium Ion battery
- Lightweight at only 4.7 lbs
- Low noise design
- Built in scraper and soft grip handle
Given the above reviews of three of the best battery leaf blowers currently available in the market, we hope to have made you realize that there’s more to purchasing the perfect leaf blower for you than just looking for the most powerful one you could find. The one you ought to get should be an all-around lawn and garden maintenance tool. It should be as convenient to use as it is powerful. You’d be shortchanging yourself if you get a leaf blower that isn’t.