If there’s a leaf blower type that’s the handiest, we believe it’s the backpack leaf blower. As their name implies, these leaf blowers are designed to be carried around by strapping them onto your shoulders like a backpack. Compared to handheld leaf blowers, backpack leaf blowers won’t cause you a lot of physically strain. For example: a 10 lbs backpack leaf blower would be easier to carry around than a handheld leaf blower of the same weight, making the former more enjoyable to use than the latter. The features that backpack leaf blowers come with nowadays don’t stop here. In fact, such leaf blowers come with several features that also make them truly effective lawn and garden maintenance tools. If you’d like to prove this for yourself, here are 3 of the best backpack leaf blowers currently available in the market:
The Best Backpack Leaf Blowers for 2020
Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC 32cc 4-Cycle Backpack Blower with JumpStart TechnologyProduct Name
#1 Choice – Husqvarna 350BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle X-Torq Gas Powered 180 MPH Midsize Back Pack Blower (CARB Compliant)
Let’s begin with the Husqvarna 350BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle X-Torq Gas Powered 180 MPH Midsize Back Pack Blower (CARB Compliant)—the most affordable leaf blower on this list. This leaf blower is a few hundred dollars less pricey than the next two leaf blowers on this list. But this doesn’t mean the leaf blower is inferior compared to them. The former comes with a wide array of useful features that we believe enable it to hold its own against the rest of the best backpack leaf blowers currently available in the market.
First and foremost, the Husqvarna 350BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle X-Torq Gas Powered 180 MPH Midsize Back Pack Blower (CARB Compliant) comes with a 2.1-horsepower engine that can generate power up to a maximum of 7,500 RPM, making it truly powerful. As if this wasn’t enough, the engine itself is designed with Husqvarna’s patented 2-stroke X-Torq engine technology, which enables the engine to generate even more power.
If you’d worry that the leaf blower will be a handful to use, don’t, for the tool comes with certain features that ensure it will be easy and enjoyable to use. These features are: integrated, ventilated shoulder straps, which make carrying and moving around the leaf blower truly easy; and easily adjustable, soft-grip handle.
The rest of the features of the leaf blower are: ergonomic controls; 42.27 oz gas tank; air-purge function that removes air from the carburetor and fuel system, which makes starting the leaf blower a snap; and capacity to consume 20% less fuel and emit 60% less gas than most of other leaf blowers currently available in the market.
Although the leaf blower appears quite useful already, some customers have pointed out how it can be improved. According to them, starting the leaf blower could be made even easier, the shoulder straps could be made even more secure and comfortable, and the blower tube sections could be made even tighter.
Nonetheless, the Husqvarna 350BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle X-Torq Gas Powered 180 MPH Midsize Back Pack Blower (CARB Compliant) received a rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5 on Amazon.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- Lightweight blower with integrated back pack harness for landscape professionals as well as homeowners
- 2.1 HP X-Torq engine reduces harmful exhaust emissions and increase fuel efficiency
- Comfortable, ventilated and load-reducing harness with hip belt and wide shoulder straps
- Fan speed can be set for easier handling; air purge removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
- CARB Compliant, 692.17 cfm
- Purchase this Husqvarna handheld item along with 3-32 ounce cans of Husqvarna pre-mix fuel, register your product online, and your consumer warranty will be extended from 2 years to 4 years
#2 Choice – Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower
Coming in with a 75.6 cc, 4-stroke, commercial duty engine, the Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower is much more powerful than the leaf blower reviewed previously. To be sure, the former can blow out air at a maximum speed of 195 mph and at a maximum volume of 526 cfm.
The Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower isn’t just a powerhouse; it comes with several features that together make this leaf blower a very effective lawn and garden maintenance tool. These features are: longer run time, quieter operation, low fuel and oil consumption, decompression system that makes starting the leaf blower a snap; and large-capacity air filter, which not only improves dust control, but also enables the leaf blower to last for several years.
The rest of the features of the leaf blower are: easily accessible oil-filling port and drain plug, as well as wide, padded shoulder straps and padded, ventilated back panel, which assures you that you’d be comfortable carrying around the leaf blower.
According to some customers, the only imperfections of the Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower is its hefty price tag and its straight blower tube, which made blowing away debris from hard-to-reach areas even harder. The leaf blower, however, received a perfect rating (5 stars) on Amazon.
- Powerful and fuel efficient 75.6 cc 4-stroke commercial duty engine
- Meets or exceeds epa and carb exhaust and evaporative emissions regulations
- Padded shoulder straps and ventilated back panel with lumbar support for improved operator comfort
- Large capacity air filter is replaceable and easily accessible
#3 Choice – Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC 32cc 4-Cycle Backpack Blower with JumpStart Technology
Last but certainly not the least is the Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC 32cc 4-Cycle Backpack Blower—the least powerful leaf blower on this list but certainly not the worst. Indeed, this leaf blower comes with a 32cc 4-cycle torque engine that can reduce harmful exhaust emissions from the machine up to 60% and increases fuel efficiency by up to 20%. It doesn’t use up the fuel easily so you can save a bit more with your fuel. With its superb engine, it can produce high air speed and flow. But, like the two leaf blowers reviewed previously, this leaf blower is designed to truly be easy and enjoyable to use despite its power. Not only does it come with sturdy shoulder straps, but it also comes with an ergonomic handle and Quickstart technology so you don’t have to make lots of efforts to pull start its engine.
The rest of the useful features of the Troy-Bilt Backpack Blower are: low emissions, high fuel efficiency, side-vented frame, and premium no mix oil and gas engine for higher output performance.
Despite the several useful features this blower comes with, it’s far from being perfect, according to some customers. One says the instructional manual he got was riddled with errors.
Nevertheless, this packs with plenty of power and sure to last for several years. You also get 2 years warranty on this thing. It received a rating of 4.5 stars out of five on Amazon, which makes this one of the best backpack leaf blowers.
- Operating from the user’s backpack, this gas blower is comfortable, yet powerful enough to handle your landscaping needs
- Up to 150 mph air speed and 500 cfm air volume for blowing large piles of leaves and debris
- Fully-tensioned multi-material suspension system distributes weight evenly and comfortably between shoulders and hips
- Backpack design and padded hip belt for reduced operator fatigue; fits the shape of your hips and reduces pressure points
- Long flex tube allows operator to maneuver around and under objects
Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. Read our affiliate link policy for more details.
Leave a Reply