Whether you’ll do it on Black Friday or sometime in December, before Christmas Eve, shopping for the Yuletide season always requires more than fleet feet, a firm grip, and a credit card or a substantial budget. If you want to get everything your loved ones wish for, you’ll need to be in the know as well. Not only does having enough knowledge for being able to discern the best items from the rest ensures you’ll be able to give your loved ones ideal gifts; you could gift them with things they didn’t ask for but need. Take for example snow blowers. They are functional, unique, and most suitable for the winter season. To help you find the most suitable ones to your family and friends, here are some of the best snow blowers for 2014 that you should check out:
Best Snow Blowers for 2020
Best Electric Snow Blower – GreenWorks 2600502 13 Amp 20″ Corded Snow Thrower
The GreenWorks 2600502 20″ Corded Snow Thrower would be perfect for your nature-loving loved one. As one of the best electric snow blowers among the best snow blowers for 2014, it emits no pollution; enabling your loved one to leave as small a carbon footprint as possible. But when it comes to power, all snow blowers must be able to leave a mark, so to speak. Some say electric snow blowers can’t do so, because unlike gas snow blowers, their motors simply aren’t powerful. We assure you, this isn’t the case with the aforementioned electric snow blower. Its 13 amp motor enables it to move a maximum of 850 lbs of snow per minute to a maximum distance of 20 ft away, as well as clear an area of snow 20″ wide and 10″ deep; making it more than capable of helping you deal with the white stuff.
To not make using it a chore, the GreenWorks 2600502 13 Amp 20″ Corded Snow Thrower comes with features that make it easy to maneuver. To begin with, it’s a mere 30 lbs in weight, which means it’s lighter than several (if not many) of the electric snow blowers currently available in the market. It comes with 6″ wheels, which are larger than the wheels of the others; making maneuvering a breeze. It also comes with an ergonomic, rubber-grip handle that can be easily adjusted to 3 different heights.
The rest of the useful features of the electric snow blower are: rubber-molded steel auger, which is designed to last long; chute that can be easily turned 180 degrees and throw up to 125 feet in distance, by pulling on the directional discharge crank, which ensures you won’t hit anybody or anything while you use the electric snow blower; one-touch start switch, which makes activating the electric snow blower hassle free; and safety extension cord lock, which prevents the cord from being dragged around or caught; preventing an accident.
While the auger is built to withstand a lot of wear and tear, according to a consumer, it can’t move snow around as effectively as it should be able to do so. To be precise, he says it doesn’t clear all the snow in one pass. If you wouldn’t mind using the GreenWorks 2600502 13 Amp 20″ Corded Snow Thrower for hours just to clear all the snow from your property, another consumer says its not being self-propelled makes using it a chore. The electric snow blower, however, has received a rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 on Amazon with shipping will be free of charge.
You should buy your leaf blower on Amazon and here is why:
- All the reviews are like having hundreds of really good friends give you their personal experience with the leaf blower, then taking all of that personal experience and giving it a star rating. You’re buying quality when there are 100′s of fans of the blower.
- A friendly UPS driver will deliver it right to your door. No waiting in line, no hauling it in your car. No sore muscles or achy back the next day.
- Amazon has the best price 99% of the time. Amazon constantly watches competitor pricing and makes sure you get the best deal. They do a ton of business and take advantage of economies of scale, which means you get the savings!
- FREE shipping. Enough said.
- Returns are easy. Amazon recently shipped a car, and they ship a ton of large items, all day, every day. If they can ship a car, rest assured, you will get your leaf blower in perfect condition. BUT if for any reason it comes damaged, it is super easy to return. Just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and a friendly UPS driver will pick it up, free of charge. This is way easier than waiting in a return line at Home Depot and talking with a bored, angsty teenage sales clerk.
- The Greenworks 12 amp electric snow thrower clears a 20-inch path
- 13 amp motor delivers powerful results for gas alternative
- Adjustable 180 degree directional chute makes snow throwing manageable
- Discharge snow up to 20-feet
Best Cordless Snow Thrower – Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower with Rechargeable Ecosharp 40-volt Lithium-Ion Battery
Given how gas snow blowers are more powerful than electric snow blowers, it’s likely that your family member or friend who wants a heavy-duty snow blower would be interested in a gas snow blower. Nonetheless, there are exceptional electric ones that can blow those snows just as fine as the other gas snow blowers. We’re talking about the Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower with Rechargeable Ecosharp 40-volt Lithium-Ion Battery, a name that we trust would be perfect for you. In fact, it’s one of the best electric among the best snow blowers for 2014.
The Snow Joe iON18SB only weighs about 32lbs, making it really lightweight and easy to maneuver. It is powered with a rechargeable 40V battery that can keep running up to 50 minutes. It charges up quickly so you can use it right away before the snow piles up. Its engine runs quietly that you won’t be bothering your neighbors every time you use it. And since it is powered with a battery, it’s easy to maintain, you save money than buying a fuel gas, lesser toxic carbon emissions to you help protect the environment and no worries on getting cords all tangled up while using it. The Snow Joe iON18SB Snow Thrower has a steel auger with 2 rubber blades that moves up to 495 lbs of snow per minute, clearing an area of snow 18″ wide and 8″ deep.
Like the electric snow blower reviewed previously, the gas snow blower comes with quick-start switch and chute that can be rotated 180 degrees easily with just a push of a button. As such, you might ask yourself, what makes this unique? We assure you, the Snow Joe iON18SB snow blower comes with several other features that together make it an effective snow-moving machine indeed. In fact, several satisfied consumers have praised it for its easy assembly; capacity for generating consistently enough power when in use; smooth operation; comfy, ergonomic handle and innovative LED headlight to help increase visibility especially at night.
Although this snow blower is sturdy, some consumers have taken note on the chute tends to seize on frigid days and the wheels don’t make maneuvering as easy as they should. Nevertheless, the cordless snow blower has received a rating of 4.1 stars out of 5 on Amazon with shipping free of charge.
- Lightweight design (only 32 lbs) to easily clear sidewalks, driveways and decks.
- 40 V 4.0 Ah EcoSharprechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet run time.
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords.
- Steel auger with 2 rubber blades moves up to 495 lbs of snow per minute
- cuts a path 18 in. wide by 8 in. deep without damaging surface.
- 180° auto-rotate directional chute throws snow up to 20 ft.
Best Single Stage Snow Blower – Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower
For the friend who has no need for a powerhouse of a snow blower we suggest the Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower. As one of the best single stage snow blowers among the best snow blowers for 2014, this electric snow blower can move a maximum of 700 lbs of snow per minute to a maximum distance of 30 ft away, as well as clear an area of snow 18″ wide and 12″ deep; making it more than capable of helping with clearing away snow from a modest property.
In case you’ve only read about them, single stage snow blowers are snow blowers that utilize a single, high-speed impeller to move the snow into themselves and then force it out of their chutes. They are specifically designed for clearing away snow from average-sized residential areas. They are made to generate just enough power for doing so. But you might ask yourself, how is the Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower so powerful? This is made possible by its Power Curve technology. It consists of a curved rotor and inverted funnel housing. Being designed as such gives the electric snow blower a better power-to-weight ratio than the most of the other electric snow blowers currently available in the market. It also prevents clogging.
Since the Toro 38381 Snow Blower and the electric snow blower previously reviewed are, more or less, the same in weight and size; the former will be easy to handle despite the power it can generate. To make sure of this, the electric snow blower comes with 6″ wheels; making it truly easy to maneuver. The rest of the useful features of the electric snow blower are: ‘Qwik-Key start’, which makes activation as easy as pressing a button; intuitive controls, which make using it convenient indeed; locking-style zip deflector with direction-control handle, which enables you to point it away from anybody or anything the ballistic snow could hit and harm; foldable handle, which lets you store it even in a relatively small space; and extension cord lock, which keeps the cord from being dragged around or caught; preventing an accident.
Despite its promise of much power and easy maneuverability, according to a few consumers, the Toro 38381 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower isn’t suitable to heavy-duty work (e.g., clearing snow from large properties). They also say its small chute tends to clog. Nonetheless, the electric snow blower has received a rating of 4.1 stars out of 5 on Amazon with shipping will be free of charge.
- Number 1 Brand of electric snow thrower in the United States
- Moves up to 700-Pounds of snow per minute for efficient snow clearing
- 15 Amp electric snow blower for walkways, patios, decks, small driveways, and other residential areas
- 18-Inch clearance width and 12-Inch intake height for quick clearing
- Power Curve technology cleans down to the pavement and helps prevent clogging
- 160-degree adjustable chute for optimal snow-blowing control
- Full-bail ergonomic handle, lift handle, quick level, zip deflector, lightweight design, and easy assembly
Best Two Stage Snow Thrower – Briggs and Stratton 1696619 Dual-Stage Snow Thrower with 250cc Engine and Electric Start
For your friend or family member who needs a powerful snow blower we suggest the Briggs and Stratton 1696619 Dual-Stage Snow Thrower with 250cc Engine and Electric Start. As one of the best double stage snow blowers currently available in the market, this gas snow blower can move a large amount of 27″ path of snow. In fact, two-stage snow blowers are used to clear thoroughfares and airport runways. They can by way of features that enable them to generate a lot of power and easily move a lot of snow. The features of the aforementioned gas snow blower that enable it to do so are its 250 cc Husqvarna engine and high-speed impeller and auger feed. To make it better suited to heavy-duty work, the gas snow blower comes with 14″, deep-tread tires as well.
Despite its impressive capacity for doing heavy-duty work, the Briggs and Stratton 1696619 Dual-Stage Snow Thrower with 250cc Engine and Electric Start is designed for residential use. As such, it comes with features that make it easy to handle. These features are ergonomic, heated grip handles, easily accessible control panel, drive speed lever control, and traction drive lever. The rest of the useful features of the gas snow blower are: quick, electric quick start-up; adjustable skid plate that allows you to raise or lower the height of the scraper bar and thereby clear away snow from dirt, concrete, and even ice; dash mounted chute rotation and an on panel chute deflector make it easier than ever to remove unwanted snow; and has friction disc transmission is ideal for heavy snow conditions and helps to clean down to the pavement..
The Briggs and Stratton 1696619 Dual-stage snow thrower isn’t CARB complaint, which means it could generate pollution. Despite this, majority of the consumers who own models of this gas snow blower are content. Moreover, the gas snow blower has received a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 on Amazon; where it’s currently being sold with shipping will be free of charge.
- 27-Inch wide clearing path with a 20-inch Intake height
- Powerful 1150 snow series 250cc engine for 11.5-foot-pounds of torque
- Friction disk drive system and equipped with an electric start for effortless starting
- Equipped with an electric start for effortless starting
- 3-year limited equipment and engine warranty
Sometimes, it’s better to receive a gift that you didn’t know you need instead of the gift you want. More often than not, such gifts turn out to be more valuable. Given the above reviews of the exceptional snow blowers, we hope you’ll make your loved ones happier than they thought they could be during the holidays.
Do you know of other snow blowers that should’ve made our cut? Tell us all about them. We’d love to hear from you.